Forum Message

Customer Reports - Sales grouped by customer

Hi,

Is it possible to produce a report showing all sales by customer for a given period like the Invoice Summary but including all customers and sales? The Invoice Summary only shows sales where I have created an invoice, and doesn't show sales or money received (where a customer has issued a self billing invoice for example).

Thanks

Posted by Gary Cook on Oct 3, 2012 1:17 PM BST

Hi Gary,

No, there isn't such a report for all customers. But to see all sales transactions for a particular customer: right-click on a row in the Customers list and select 'Show Related Transactions', then add 'And Account = Sales Income' to the filter at the top of the list.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 3, 2012 2:25 PM BST

That's a shame - it would be a very useful report. Basically I want to be able to see all sales income, summerised by customer on one report. The invoices report doesn't do this, and the work around you've suggested isn't very convienent or easy to see totals etc.

Also, as it is there doesn't even seem to be anyway of getting a summary of the total sales income for a period - other than scrolling down the nominal ledger report to the sales income section (which is then listed by date rather than by customer but at least it gives the total for the period).

It should be easy to achieve, its just a variation on your existing invoice summary report to give all sales income not just invoiced income - would it be possible to add this request to your next software update?

Many thanks.

Posted by Gary Cook on Oct 3, 2012 3:03 PM BST

Hi Gary,

I'll note your suggestion, but I'm afraid we cannot make promises about future development.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 3, 2012 3:05 PM BST

Okay thanks.

Posted by Gary Cook on Oct 3, 2012 4:01 PM BST

You can do this easily. You go to the invoice list and make your date selection. You then press file export and export it to excel. You may need to sort it by customer name or put it into a pivot table but I use this for summarising sales and works fine.
regards, Simon

Posted by Simon Foster on Mar 6, 2013 1:26 PM GMT