Forum Message

Suggestion: Report Preview

Mark, just to say again that Solar is a joy to use after some of the other packages on the market. Although it might not have the bells and whistles that Sage and Quickbooks have, I find it so intuitive and forgiving of mistakes - of which I make a few!

Anyway, unless I can't find it, may I suggest that an enhancement to report previews would be most welcome.

Firstly, when wanting to viewing reports such as Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss etc that the 'Print' button label is changed to Print/Preview as only saying 'print' is not that helpful.

Secondly when the button is pressed and the print dialog screen shows, that you have the facility to view the report full screen together with the option to move from page to page if more than one.

The reason for this is that most businesses need to keep an eye on both the balance sheet and P&L, sometimes even daily, but not necessarily wanting to print a hard copy.

Posted by David Abbott on Oct 17, 2012 8:34 PM BST

Hi David,

Thanks for your feedback - it's great to hear you like Solar Accounts!

Regarding the print button it sounds like you want to use 'Print Preview' functionality as the main way to view the data on screen. But the list in the bottom half of the window show the same information, and provides additional functionality such as the ability to 'drill down' on a line in the report by double-clicking on it. Why do you prefer to use the Print Preview facility? Is it because you want to see a full-page view of the report?

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 18, 2012 12:16 PM BST

Hi David,
I wholeheartedly agree with your praise of Solar Accounts. I have clients who use it too, and are not bookkeepers and find it easy to navigate.
As for the reports preview, I can save the report as a tiff file as an option when asked to print, rather than printing a hard copy. You may have the same option.
I hope this helps.
Sarah

Posted by Sarah Dybeck on Nov 1, 2012 10:20 AM GMT