Forum Message

Jobs and departments

It is very useful to be able to assign an invoice or a "spend" to a specified job or department.

But could the array be added to the menu of "lists" that appears on the right of the home screen? That would permit adding and editing without first having to either create a mock entry, or open an old one.

Thanks, Peter

Posted by Peter Tyler on Jan 8, 2013 6:23 PM GMT

Hi Peter,

We want to avoid adding to items to the Lists section because it would add to the 'clutter' for users who don't use Jobs. Note that you can see the list of Jobs by clicking menu Setup > Transaction Defaults > Default Job or Department.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jan 8, 2013 6:29 PM GMT

With respect Mark, it may be that people won't use the potentially valuable facility (nor comment upon it), because no mention is made of its existence anywhere (including in help, so far as I can see).

Yet some were asking for something like it several years back. (As I did, indeed.)

Truthfully, I see little point in setting up a single 'default job' for transactions. If it's always the same 'job' the information is redundant.

Posted by Peter Tyler on Jan 8, 2013 7:03 PM GMT

Hi Peter,

I'll note your point about the Job/Department feature being too difficult to discover.

Also, I didn't mean to suggest that you should set a default job - just that the Default Job window provides a way of viewing and editing the list of jobs without needing to create a transaction.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jan 9, 2013 8:59 AM GMT