Forum Message

Repeating Transactions

I notice that we can set up repeating transactions for everything except General Transactions. Any particular reason for this?

I like to accrue an amount each month for my guestimated corp tax bill for year end. The repeating transaction is the best way to do it. For my current accounting year (and when I was new to Solar) I copied a general transaction12 times to the last day of each month.

Alan

Posted by Alan Budden on Mar 9, 2013 2:16 PM GMT

Hi Alan,

We haven't added repeating General Transactions because we have been focused on other areas of development. I'll record your email address to be notified in case we add this in future.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Mar 9, 2013 3:19 PM GMT

I seconds Repeating transactions. These would suit me too.

For example, I post annual bills to a Prepayment account & transfer the equivalent monthly charge to the expense account. Annual bills include things like Insurances, Rates, etc.

Posted by Jack on Mar 11, 2013 5:28 PM GMT

me too, that would be a great help

Posted by Gill Drinkald on Jun 10, 2013 12:30 PM BST

Repeating general transactions would also be useful to me. I transfer the same amount each month from the current bank account to the savings bank account for my future tax liability.

Posted by Chris on Jan 15, 2014 8:35 AM GMT

I would also like to see repeating General Transactions.

I pay a set amount of money into my loan account from my current account each month.

Posted by Sundeep Patel on Jul 14, 2014 1:26 PM BST

Hi Sundeep,

Thanks - I'll note your feedback about repeating General Transactions. As a workaround you could create the transactions as a Money Paid Out transaction instead - set the From Account to 'Cheque Account' and the Allocate To Account to 'Bank Loan'. You can then set a schedule by clicking More Options > Repeating Schedule.

Regards

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jul 14, 2014 2:41 PM BST