Forum Message

Synchronising Data between Computers

Dear Sirs,

I love the look of your program and shall be trying to convince the other partners i this small business to invest in it.

My understanding from a quick read is that the licence is for use on three pc's. The thing is, because the various partners are in different parts of the UK, the accounts were to be split between us. Sales invoice at one address and purchase invoice and VAT at another. That was before we started looking at accounting programs.

However, could I, for instance produce all the sales invoices backup or export the info for my colleague to upload on to his pc to add to his purchases and the produce the VAT return - or is that too silly!

Thanks for your help

Posted by Mike Aldworth on Mar 3, 2009 4:58 PM GMT

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your interest in Solar Accounts. Yes, you have the right idea about synchronising data: Send your colleague your data file, then he can make modifications and send you back the file with the updated information.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Mar 3, 2009 5:18 PM GMT

Mark,
Does Solar allow for data synchronising?

Posted by Kieranz on Jul 6, 2009 12:53 PM BST

Hi Kieranz,

Solar Accounts stores all business data in one file, so to synchronise data you just copy the file from one computer to another. Note that Solar Accounts doesn't support 'merging' data if you make a change to two distinct data files.

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jul 7, 2009 10:35 AM BST