Forum Message

Feature request

Hi!
I tried Solar accounts today, great accounting software! After trying out so many accounting software it certainly better than any other I've come across, however, there is no way to manage inventory stock levels which is a absolute must have feature for me....I was wondering if there was any way to link Solar accounts to any other inventory software such as NCH inventoria.
Truth be told Solar accounts and Express accounts are quite similar but as I said above, I found Solar better than it. You may also accept this as a feature request and create your own software for it.

Cheers :)

Posted by Kapil Vyas on Feb 20, 2014 12:46 PM GMT

Hi Kapil,

Thanks for your feedback - it's great to hear you like Solar Accounts! Actually our software can track of total stock levels in a very basic way as described here:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/help/how-to-track-changes-in-stock-level.php

I think you are looking for a way to keep track the value and quantity of individual lines of stock. Solar Accounts cannot do that and I don't think there is a way to automatically integrate with other inventory software. The simplest solution would be to keep track of your stock using alternative software, then at the end of each month enter your stock sales and purchases as described in the above link.

I'll record your email to be notified in case we add better stock control features in future.

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 22, 2014 10:05 AM GMT

I would really welcome this feature too. I love Solar accounts but having to manage individual item inventory/stockb control in a speparate package is becoming cumbersome. I woudl SO love to be able to issue an invoice and have the individual items deducted from stock. Please, Solar, could you let me know if there are any plans afoot for such a feature? Thank you.

Posted by Victoria Armstrong on Apr 4, 2014 5:10 PM BST

Hi Victoria,

Thanks for your feedback. However, we are currently focused on other areas so it is not likely to be something we add to Solar Accounts in the near future - sorry.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Apr 7, 2014 11:09 AM BST