Forum Message

Request - attaching backup or receipts

Hello there,

I searched around but couldn't see anyone suggesting this feature.

There are quite a few accounting programs that now allow you to 'attach' your soft copy backup (i.e. PDF receipts and such) to Expense payments and Journals created within the program. It integrates digital filing with the accounting system.

I think it would be a HUGE time saver to be able to do this, not to mention a space saver and the ability to find things more quickly for the taxman.

Has this feature been considered for Solar Accounts?

Cheers

Posted by Angel K on Mar 22, 2014 12:43 PM GMT

Hi Angel,

Thanks for your feedback. A few other users have requested this feature - I'll record your email address to be notified in case we add it in future.

Note that as it stands you can add the filename of the PDF to the Journal Memo field of the transaction in Solar Accounts. It's not ideal but it does provide a link between Solar Accounts and the soft copy of your receipt.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Mar 24, 2014 10:56 AM GMT

I use Expensify to provide me with a record of expenses. It is an excellent and popular solution. Several other accounting packages allow Expensify intergration, which from what I can see is not complex. This might be a quick solution to this issue.

Posted by Graham Pitman on Mar 28, 2014 3:29 PM GMT