Forum Message

Dealing with Non Business Accounts

HI Mark
Thank for the replies to date, to start my records correctly how do i deal with with none business credit cards and bank accounts used to purchase items and sales monies being transferred into them?

Is it possible eg. i used my personal Amex ( i am now getting a CC just for business) to buy £5000 in stock.

So my personal Cheque Acct pays my AMex so i had to transfer money from business to personal account to pay CC.

Dont worry i am separating everything as i type. Just need to show my historical
data correctly. I have it recorded in Single Line Transaction but was hoping i didn't have to replicate everything again in here

Posted by Dale on Apr 28, 2014 10:37 AM BST

Hi Dale,

When you use your personal funds to make business purchases just set the Paid From Account in the payment window to 'Owners Capital' (if you are self-employed) or 'Directors Loan Account' (if you are the director of a limited company).

When you withdraw money from the company (whether as a reimbursement or any other reason) create a General transaction from the Cheque Account to the Owners Capital account (or Directors Loan Account).

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Apr 28, 2014 3:26 PM BST