Forum Message

Solar Online: Sharing

Hi Mark
Under Setup>Sharing
may i propose 4 types of Users
1. Owner - the Creator with full rights
2. Admin - the Administrator all rights of owner except cannot delete owner. S/He can add/delete users.
3. Edit - the Editor cannot add/delete users but can edit.
4. View - the Viewer cannot add/delete users; can only view and print.

This would be very helpful when you have a team of say +/- three or more staff
Although an owner, i would add my self as viewer so that i can view, print and leave a note to my admin. for any corrections needed. (Removes my temptations to do corrections - his work, so that he then climatises with such corrections!)

Rgds
KN

Posted by Kieranz on Feb 1, 2015 6:47 PM GMT

Also Mark;
The User duration is too short (24hrs) and will create havoc for your support team from complaints. eg. I have my girl entering all the invoices and another entering receipts, payment etc. You can imagine having to issue them new access code every day!

Keep it Sweet and Simple.
With the first above suggestion, your auto generated code can be the Master code which the user initially uses and then can rename with their own choice (min 6-8 digits). Also to name the User (be it Abbreviated eg KN. The reason is in the sharing and audit trail i need to see it by name not code)). I can always delete/inactivate the User at anytime so not necessary for the 24hrs limit! Unless you are thinking differently.

Thank you - let's make Solar Online a fantastic software
Rgds
KN
PS/ Make the logo and screen boxes background from blue to yellow (sun) to distinguish SOLAR ONLINE from the desktop version.

Posted by Kieranz on Feb 1, 2015 7:16 PM GMT

Hi Keiranz,

Thanks for your feedback on the new sharing feature in Solar Accounts Online. I'll note your suggestion about having different user roles - I didn't consider that an owner might only view access to the accounts.

Also I think you have misunderstood the 'Sharing Code' shown in the user list: When you give your Sharing Code to another user she has 24 hours to type it into Solar Accounts and access your business. But after she has gained access she will continue to have access forever (or until you remove her from the sharing list).

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 2, 2015 10:29 AM GMT