Forum Message

Retrospective input of Invoice and Receipts

have been using Solar Accounts for some time and as a novice it is FANTASTIC.

I now have a question. When the company was formed it started using spreadsheets to calculate VAT returns. How we have Solar and we began entering data from the date we purchased it. At this time we were on a flat rate scheme.

My question is: Can I retrospectively input data manually from our old spreadsheet for invoices and receipts generated before we began on the flat Rate scheme?

We use CASH Accounting.

We also forgot to change the Flat Rate after the 1% discount expired.

Questions: Can I retrospectively alter the Flat Rate % on the invoice.

I need to do all of this as we are due a VAT Compliance visit and want to check Solar Accounts against VAT returns filed which may be wrong.#

Many thanks for your help.

Steve

Posted by Steve Molyneux on Feb 5, 2015 12:06 PM GMT

Hi Steve,

Glad to hear you like Solar Accounts!

The answer is Yes to both questions:

1. You can enter invoices dated at any time. In your case you can tell Solar Accounts to NOT use the flat rate scheme for a particular invoice by clicking More Options > VAT Treatment > More VAT Details. Also, if the invoices are dated in a previous financial year then you should first revert to the previous year (click menu Setup > Financial Year > Revert To Previous Financial Year) then enter the invoices then start a new year again.

2. To increase the flat rate on existing invoices by 1% open each invoice window and click More Options > VAT Treatment > More VAT Details.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 6, 2015 10:47 AM GMT