Forum Message

Changes need to Invoice Template - I do not see a way to do what is needed

Hi

We have just received notice of a change to invoicing requirements form a major contract of ours - and I cannot find a solution within Solar Accounts.

We will now be required to deliver a VAT invoice of the line format:-

Quantity --- Description --- Net --- VAT --- Gross

For each line item as a minimum.

Is there a way we can achieve this (especially as another contract has hinted at going the same way).

I see from old forum posts that there seems to be a reluctance to change anything in regard of user-defined aspects of the Invoice Template format - other than move a few things around.

If Solar Accounts cannot accommodate these changes (either through Invoice template formatting; or by defined variable - for which I see nothing for Net or Gross values)... then, sadly, after a number of years using Solar Accounts we will have to discontinue use and move to another package.

Fingers crossed.

Ed

Posted by Ed on Jun 17, 2015 1:07 PM BST

Hi Ed,

Unfortunately it is not possible to add a 'Gross Amount' column to the printed invoice in Solar Accounts. I'll note this as a feature request but as it stands the only thing I can suggest would be to manually include the VAT amount and gross amount in the Description column. Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 17, 2015 1:47 PM BST

Hi

Thanks for the quick response.

The proposed solution will be unacceptable to our client. Several requests for the ability to change the invoice template are spread over years of forum posts... but nothing was done. A couple of new, accessible, variables and an extension of the abilities to change the invoice template as they already exist seems all that is needed.

For us the software is broken for the needs of that particular contract. We are then forced to look elsewhere for a solution and better support.

Pity.

Ed

Posted by Ed on Jun 17, 2015 2:00 PM BST