Forum Message

Payment of Purchase Invoices

Hi Mark,

If I have a number of supplier purchase invoices ready for payment and I pay these using a payment invoice, the suppliers balance (when I look at their transactions) does not reduce. If I make a Money Paid Out payment it does.

Am I doing something wrong? I would have assumed (possibly incorrectly) that if I paid the invoice using the invoice payment and the payment shows up correctly in the cheque account bank rec the suppliers balance would be reduced.

Also the search function in the forum appears to have stopped working, at least it does not produce any results.

Many thanks for your help.

Ross

P.S. I am not an accountant!

Posted by Ross McCullagh on Jul 3, 2015 1:47 PM BST

Sorry Mark,

I should be more specific.

I am paying purchase invoices form my accountant. The supplier balance does go to zero. However the accountancy expenses account does not even though there are no other invoices outstanding?

Thanks

Ross

Posted by Ross McCullagh on Jul 3, 2015 1:51 PM BST

Hi Ross,

The 'Accountancy Expenses' account is designed to keep track of the total cumulative accounting expenses for the current year. This means that the expense balance keeps increasing and does not go back down to zero when you pay the invoice. (It will go back down to zero when you start a new financial year in Solar Accounts).

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jul 3, 2015 2:19 PM BST

Hi Mark,

Yes, it does and thank you for your prompt response.

Kind regards

Posted by Ross on Jul 10, 2015 5:41 PM BST