Forum Message

online or offline

if I go try this online and find I'm not benefitting from it can I go back to just the old offline
and after buying solar accounts it now feels if I get the online one ive wasted money

Posted by Lynden Hazlehurst on Jan 5, 2016 9:14 PM GMT

Hi Lynden,

Yes, your licence for the offline version of Solar Account will always be valid, so you can simply stop using the online version and use the offline version again. If you have entered data into the online version which you want to transfer to the offline version, please email support@solaraccounts.co.uk.

You can try the online version free for 30 days - if you feel there is no benefit above your existing software then there is no need to switch.

Thanks

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jan 6, 2016 12:37 PM GMT

Hi Nick,

I'm sorry to hear that the online version is too expensive for you - we hope to change your mind in future as we add new features (including an upcoming Android version).

However, there's no need for you to switch to the online version - your current software licence allows you to use the offline version forever. Keep in mind that you will need to ensure that your computer meets the operating system requirements described on this page:
https://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/download.php?online=false
We plan to release new offline versions of Solar Accounts to be compatible with the latest Mac and Windows operating systems until at least May 2017. After that you will need to avoid upgrading to a new major version of the operating system to ensure you can run the offline version of Solar Accounts.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jan 10, 2016 6:33 AM GMT