Forum Message

On-line/off-line discussion

I've been aware of the on-line system for a few months, but haven't explored it further as most of my clients wouldn't wish their data to be placed on a server wherever it is! I need the stand alone version. Now my largest client has switched his copy to on-line as he does most of the basic input. Can I operate both systems on the one pc? If not it looks as though I could be parting company with one or more of my clients - if the on-line client it makes my business unecomical to continue paying professional qualification costs ans insurances.
Coupled with the prospect of replacing pc's in 2017, looks as though I don't have an option but to go on-line and drop my small business clients or find another product.

Posted by Frank Brett on Apr 20, 2016 11:12 PM BST

Hi Frank,
In response to your query. Yes you can run both the Online and Offline versions of Solar accounts on the one computer. If you replace your PCs before May, 2017 you can install the Offline version of Solar accounts, you won't be forced to go Online.

If you need to access your client's Online data you can do so by asking them to generate a sharing code as follows: Click menu Setup > Sharing, then generate a sharing code and ask them to email it to you. You should then download and install the Online version of the software here:

https://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/download.php?online=true

then create a new user account, and click 'Access a shared business' and enter the sharing code you have been given. You can then both log in with your own separate User ID and password to access the same business data at the same time wherever you are.

Posted by Karyn Green (Solar Accounts) on Apr 21, 2016 4:43 AM BST