Forum Message

Group Account Balance over time

Hi Mark,

I've been using your software for 7 years now and still loving it.

I'm trying to work out how to run a transaction report that shows the balance of a "group" of accounts over time.

I need to calculate daily interest based on the 'net' daily balance accross a group of accounts. I am hoping I don't have to run daily balance sheet extracts to be able to do that. I suppose the alternative is to run a transaction report for each account, but that's also quite a lot of effort - there are 28 accounts in the group.

Any suggestions?

PS: I do hope you're not going anywhere. I'm still recommending this product to my clients to buy as a one-off license, since most of them aren't interested in a monthly subscription (in fact most are emphatically against it). I notice you haven't done an update in years, so I worry you might vanish...! If there is a risk of that, is there any way I can get a copy of all the help files on Solar together? If not, I suppose I could PDF every page or ask someone to save the website locally. Let me know if there is an easier way.

Cheers

Angel K

Posted by Angel K on Aug 16, 2016 11:52 AM BST

Hi Angel,

I'm sorry but I cannot think of a quick way to show the running balance for a large group of accounts.  The only thing I can suggest is that you view the Balance Sheet report for each day (as you mention).  Sorry I cannot offer a better solution.

It's great to hear you still like our software - we certainly aren't going anywhere! However, we are focused on developing the online version of Solar Accounts and haven't been adding features to the offline version for a while.  You can see some of these new online features here: http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/switch-to-online.php

When you install the offline version it actually places all the Help topics on your hard drive so you will always have access to them, even if our website is unavailable.  To access them just click 'Help Contents' from the Help menu in Solar Accounts.

Regards,

Posted by Mark Mclaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 16, 2016 3:34 PM BST