Forum Message

migrating to online, sharing info with your accountant question.

HI guys, been on the regular off line version of Solar for years, im now thinking i need to migrate to online. i avoided this in the past as my business i small & i wanted to keep my monthly overheads to an absolute minimum... everyone seems to have a £20 a month charge these days ;)

i noticed on the description " You can also share your business data with your accountant or employees for no extra charge"

how does this work exactly? is it the same as the old version where you just send reports if your accountant does not have Solar? or can they log into it & see it even if they dont have Solar?

my current accountant does not have solar & would clearly prefer us to have a software such as sage, my last bill was hundreds of pounds more than the previous year & though is is not 100% clear as to why, it seems to be pointed the time it takes for them to use the "non standard format".

if its not easy to share info without the accountant having solar...

can anyone recommend a small business/sole trader accountant who uses solar in west yorkshire? (wakefield area).

Posted by Gareth Heeley on Jun 7, 2017 7:06 PM BST

Hi Gareth,

No you do not need to send any reports to your accountant. To share your data using Solar Accounts Online, you need to generate a 'sharing code' and give it to your accountant. Your accountant will then need to download and run the software, then create a new user account and enter the code. Your accountant will then be able to perform all the actions you can, like viewing reports and editing transactions.

This page provides a step-by-step guide to sharing data in Solar Accounts Online:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/help/how-to-share-financial-data-with-your-accountant.php

There are a few other benefits to the online version, including the ability to import bank statement files:
https://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/switch-to-online.php

Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 11, 2017 7:53 AM BST

So to clarify, the account has no associated cost for this procedure?

Posted by James Loudon on Jun 15, 2017 2:24 PM BST

Hi James,

When you set up the online version you will need to pay the monthly subscription fee. However, there is no additional cost to share your online data with your accountant.

That is, our online billing system only looks at how many businesses you have set up - it doesn't care how many users can access each business.

​Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 15, 2017 2:47 PM BST