Forum Message

Overpayment of VAT

I am about to pay this quarters VAT, but my accountant has informed me that we accidentally overpayed an amount of VAT during the last financial year, so has advised me to claim it back with this quarters submission. Does anyone know how I should do that using Solar?

Thank you

Posted by Gina Voice on Feb 7, 2019 10:51 AM GMT

Hi Gina,

The simplest solution is to just adjust the figures as you copy them from Solar Accounts to the HMRC VAT return web page. (In future, Solar Accounts Online will provide more options for adjusting VAT with the introduction of 'Making Tax Digital' featues).


Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 7, 2019 2:07 PM GMT