Forum Message

Deleting description options

Hi,
I've now got a lot of items in the drop down list for descriptions - is it OK to delete some of these, or are they looked up by the records already created. Similarly, can I delete some of the Accounts not used or will this affect records using now redundant account names

Posted by Don MacIsaac on Jun 15, 2009 11:44 AM BST

Hi Don,

You cannot directly delete the items in the Description field drop-box on an invoice. This list is populated by looking at the description field from all previous invoices.

Also you cannot delete an Account that has transactions. You may want to group the redundand accounts under an Account Group called 'Unused'.

In future we may add support for bulk delete of many transactions - I'll add your email to be notified if we make this available.

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 15, 2009 2:16 PM BST

Hi,

Has the delete all option been added to the Solar programme yet?

Posted by Alan Arscott on Sep 1, 2016 2:44 PM BST

No, there is no "delete all" option for items in the invoice description drop-list. However, you can delete an individual item by right-clicking on it and selecting 'Remove From List'.

​Regards,

Mark McLaren
Solar Accounts

Posted by Mark Mclaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 2, 2016 11:36 AM BST

Please can you clarify - if I delete descriptions from the drop down list, will invoices already generated be affected?? If so, is there a way to undo the dreadful error I may have just made!!

Posted by Penny Gregory on Oct 29, 2016 8:06 PM BST

Hi Penny,

No, if you delete a description from the drop-list it has no effect on any invoice.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 30, 2016 12:59 PM GMT