Forum Message

Bank reconciliation

Hi there,

I would like to throw an opinion in to the comments made by Alan Rick about the bank reconciliation window having no effect on the account activity window. My preference would also be that the reconciliation of the account would change the order of the accounts activity window. I do take your point Mark about the accounting good practice of 'claims' on monies etc. At the moment, if I bank a cheque I usually wait until it clears before logging it in Solar Accounts or I log it and then change the date of the transaction once it's cleared (I had a director once who used to say that you never made a sale until the cheque actually cleared at the bank!). Maybe it's a decision between good accounting practice and useability...

It's a small point though - the software is great either way!

Posted by Adam Robertson on Jun 18, 2009 1:19 PM BST

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your feedback - I see what you are saying but we might have accountants jumping up and down if we didn't keep the Account Activity list ordered by date! We could change the order of transactions that occur on the same date to match the bank reconciliation, but this needs to be considered carefully as it may have an impact on other parts of the system. So for the time being we will keep the exisiting behaviour.

Thanks again,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 19, 2009 9:20 AM BST

Hi Mark,

Sure, I take that point. As I said, it's no big deal either way. Incidentally, the bank reconciliation window doesn't seem to 'stick' to the way I resize it as do the other windows!

Thanks again,

Adam

Posted by Adam Robertson on Jun 19, 2009 10:38 AM BST

Oops! Thanks for pointing that out - we'll fix it in the next release.

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 19, 2009 2:10 PM BST