Forum Message

Royaly balancing through Solar

We are considering purchasing Solar Accounting package to run alongside our ecommerce site, the only question I have at the moment is regarding royalty balancing.

As we have to pay our designers royalties based on each stamp design sold, at the moment when we "free issue" stamps to the design team of for marketing purposes, etc. I purchase the particular stamp in the on-line shop and then use a 100% discount code to bring the cost to zero, so that it records as a purchase in the shop,which also keeps a tally of how many of each design have been sold. I do not usually show these in the accounts, but keep a separate spreadsheet to note the invoice numbers I have done this one.

My query would be how I keep account of these free issue invoices in your software as I did read in anoter question on the forum that your software did not like 0.00 invoices. Also sometimes our invoice numbers are not concurrent if an on-line sale does not complete, and again I show that particular invoice number as void on a spreadsheet, how would I record them in the sofware?

Posted by Kay Bolton on Sep 16, 2009 9:20 PM BST

Hello Kay,

You cannot record an invoice with a zero total in Solar Accounts. The simplest solution is to just keep a separate record of these invoices outside the software (eg. in a spreadsheet). The same applies to 'void' invoices.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 17, 2009 10:27 AM BST