Forum Message

Job reference number

Is there a way of referencing a Purchase Invoice to a client's account so that I can track total amounts of purchased goods against one particular job? A Job Reference number, for example - or a delivery address?

Posted by Otto Blank on Oct 15, 2009 5:25 PM BST

Hello Otto,

Sorry no, Solar Accounts does not include features for tracking separate jobs. The closest thing would be to include a job reference in the Journal Memo field.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 16, 2009 9:48 AM BST

Thanks Mark.

Is it possible to do a search of Journal Memo to bring them together later?

Is this something that could be considered for future upgrades? Quite often I am selling one Oojit to a client which is made of various Widgets – this would help to track the clients job costs.

Regards, Otto.

Posted by Otto Blank on Oct 16, 2009 5:32 PM BST

Hi Otto,

You cannot search the Journal Memo field in Solar Accounts, but you can export the transactions to a spreadsheet and use Excel to search for files (I know this is a painful process - we'll look at improving this in future).

A number of users have requested a 'Jobs' feature, so it may be something we add to Solar Accounts. I'll record your email to be notified in case this happens.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 16, 2009 6:09 PM BST

Hi Otto,

The latest version of Solar Accounts allows you to search by Journal Memo. You can upgrade here:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/download.php

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 21, 2009 3:41 PM BST