Forum Message

How to record a bank deposit?

Have viewed your programme seems to be what im looking for . I have a couple of qeuries, I run a small plumbing and heating business and have a laptop I would like to take this with me to invoice on site which runs on vista,and a desktop at home which I would like to share this information with which runs on XP your licence states you can run on 3 computers will this work, also when we deposit cheques we normally deposit 5 or more together can only see how you do one at a time on your programme, await your comments.
Thanks Martyn

Posted by Martyn Anstiss on Sep 27, 2008 1:40 PM BST

Hello Martyn,

The data files used by Solar Accounts on Windows XP and Vista are completely compatible - to transfer data, simply copy your data file via a USB memory stick or over the network.

There are two stages to dealing with cheques:
1. When you receive a cheque, record an invoice payment or cash sale. This will increase the balance of the 'Money to be Banked' account.
2. When you bank your cheques, record a bank deposit. This will decrease the balance of the 'Money to be Banked' account. A single deposit can include multiple cheques.

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 27, 2008 6:31 PM BST