Forum Message

Invoice line problems

Hi
Just downloaded trial software and am so far very impressed, it is the simple software I have been trying to find for ten years of self employment.
The problem I have, when invoicing, is that when I enter something for £24.75 at one unit it is ok but if I enter 1.5 units the unit price changes to £24.7467, or other 3 or 4 decimal place numbers, which looks a little strange on the invoice.
Also on invoicing, the first line is always automatic i.e account is showing "sales acc." and vat is showing "15%" but after that line is filled all other lines have to be filled manually,

Am I missing something?

Mark

Posted by Mark Greenland on Oct 30, 2009 10:18 AM GMT

Hi Mark,

We're glad you like the software. The problem with the unit price is something that other users have complained about so we would like to improve this in future (although we can't make promises about future development).

An invoice line can be 'description-only' so the user will not always want to auto-populate account and VAT rate. But perhaps it would be useful to auto-populate the fields if a non-description field is entered - we'll record this as a feature request in our system.

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 30, 2009 5:13 PM GMT

Hi Mark

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am sure I can overcome the problem of unit price.
As for the auto-population question, as most if not all of my sales are at standard rate VAT and from sales accs., my invoices, as I am sure many other people's, would benfit from auto-population.
If I may make a suggestion, would it be possible to include a check box to allow us to choose the right set-up ourselves.

Mark

Posted by Mark Greenland on Nov 2, 2009 11:12 AM GMT

Hi Mark,

No problem - I'll note your suggestion about a checkbox as part of the feature request.

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Nov 2, 2009 3:11 PM GMT

Hi Mark,

The problem with the unit price has been addressed in the latest version of Solar Accounts. You can upgrade for free here:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/download.php

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jan 5, 2010 1:21 PM GMT