Forum Message

Receiving payments

hi

I have entered payments received prior to raising invoice on
the system I have then endeavoured to raise an invoice to
correspond with payment received by doing so this has raised
an additional receipt and ajusted my figures .

I am trying to reconcile bank statements would I have to allocate the receipt no to the invoice to log payment into bank and avoid
duplicating figures.

I have deleted the invoices that I raised and my figures have been corrected but it means my petty cash and bank balances are showing minus axs to my expenditure

Many thanks hope I have explain correctly

many thanks

frank

Posted by Frank Cancea on Dec 6, 2009 8:39 AM GMT

Hi Frank,

There are two ways to record a payment you have received from a customer into your bank account:
1. Create an invoice, then create a Money Received transaction with the Type set to 'Invoice Payment' and Deposit Into Account set to 'Cheque Account'
2. Create a Money Received transaction with the Type set to 'General Payment' and and Deposit Into Account set to 'Cheque Account'

The second approach is simpler, although you don't get an invoice you can send to a customer. If you use the first approach, you will need to create an invoice before you create the associated invoice payment.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Dec 7, 2009 9:39 AM GMT

Hi. I would like to ask something regarding receiving payments. Suppose I have 2 customers, I have made an invoice for customer A for 500 and another invoice for customer B amounting to 200. Those two customers are somehow related and customer A paid the 2 invoice together amounting to 700 by Bank transfer. The problem then is if I will make a money received transaction for customer A, the invoice for customer B won't appear and I can't allocate the payment. I cannot either make two separate money received transaction since only one amount appears in the bank statement. Hope you can help me out with this one.

Many thanks

Posted by Aristide Pangan on Sep 29, 2012 10:06 PM BST

Hi Aristide,

The simplest approach is to just simply two payments and have two Cheque Account entries in Solar Accounts even though there is only one entry on your bank statement.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 30, 2012 4:03 PM BST