Forum Message

Individual job costs/profit

Hi
I wonder if you can help with a query, please?

We are a flooring business using Solar very successfully - thank you - but I wonder if there's any way we can adapt our entries to help us track individual job costs/profit.

For example - I enter a payment out to our supplier of £100 for the purchase of a carpet for our customer, Mr Smith. We supply and fit the carpet for Mr Smith, who then pays us £250, for which I enter an invoice and the related payment.

Is there any way I can link the £250 money paid in with the £100 costs of goods sold, to show that the profit on Mr Smith's job is £150?

I hope I haven't made that sound more difficult than it should be!
All advice gratefully received, thank you.
Sam

Posted by Sam Wray on Jan 13, 2010 4:46 PM GMT

Hello Sam,

Sorry no, Solar Accounts doesn't have support for separate 'Jobs'. This is a feature that a few users have requested, so we may add it in future (although we cannot promise this). I'll record your email address to be notified in case we implement this feature in future.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jan 13, 2010 5:01 PM GMT

Hi Sam,

The way i have set up job costing on Solar, is to Write a job No or and customer name to any transaction in the Journal memo section. If you then use the advance filter in the transactions window you can select the memo contents as a filter and enter job no. or name and all the transactions related will show. You can then export this info to excel and complete your formulas for basic job costing.

As i am new to this i am still in the process of using it this way to see how functional it is. But for now am sure may help.

Posted by Mike Hoenes on Jan 14, 2010 6:04 PM GMT