Forum Message

Document Management

I've been looking at lots of differrent packages that can help, but none seem to offer what I need. I would like a accounting package which will allow you to store PDF's, invoices, receipts, bank statements etc against transactions on the accounts program.

I am a freelance contractor and currently use a third party product to store all my documents, but if this can be integrated with Solar for example, then I could scan my receipts and record these against the appropriate expenses and when it comes to exporting data for accountant, all accounts and appropriate documents will be exported without me having to try and work out which documents need to be sent.

I would prefer for document management to store documents to computer and not online like some other products do.

A good example of this is papersaveplus which integrates with QB. I do not wish to buy QB just for this feature

Any plans? this would be a major plus for me!

Posted by Graham Hunter on Feb 14, 2010 3:16 PM GMT

Hello Graham,

Solar Accounts is not really designed for 'document management'. An alternative is to scan the document using an external program, then 'cross reference' it with the Solar Accounts record (eg. by adding the transaction ID to the image filename).

We'll note your suggestion as a feature request in our system, but we don't currently have any plans to add this feature in the short term.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 14, 2010 4:23 PM GMT