Forum Message

Changing invoice columns

Is it possible to change the use of invoice columns.
We do not supply products, but services and use several dates on the same invoice and also order No's. We need to change the quantity column to a date column and the unit price to a order no column
I know we can change the headings but how do we actually change the use of the column itself.

Posted by Gordon Monument on Feb 18, 2010 9:01 AM GMT

Hello Gordon,

Sorry no, you cannot change the type of invoice columns in Solar Accounts.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 18, 2010 9:33 AM GMT

Hi Mark,

Will the ability for us to modify the invoice a bit more be available in future revisions? We'd like to be able to publish default payment methods on the box above the "comment" box but can't work out how to achieve this.

Posted by Stuart on Feb 18, 2010 11:29 AM GMT

Hi,

Just found it!

In the invoice where Terms and Comment are located, it's within the button "Free Text" :)

Posted by Stuart on Feb 18, 2010 11:36 AM GMT

Yes the Free Text field is what you're after

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 18, 2010 11:42 AM GMT

hi mark i have a recent change in client that wants everything on an invoice i have noticed that i can not change the columns on the invoice to suit what i need the text block does not help me in the slightest is there something that could done cause i run a service business where the product is time and i need to have a date column a where column job no column a time column that correspond to the quantity and description. i would hate to try and find something else now i really like the program and have been using it for 2 years now all i need is a few more columns on the invoice if that is not too much to ask

Posted by Keith Lane on Jan 16, 2014 5:16 PM GMT

Hi Keith,

Unfortunately Solar Accounts doesn't have a way to add columns to the invoice. One approach is to simply add the necessary information to the Description column. Alternatively you could export the invoice to a spreadsheet then edit it in Excel to add the necessary columns.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jan 17, 2014 9:55 AM GMT