Forum Message

CSV Import

Creating a .csv with new Customer and Supplier details works fine and importing into Solar works fine.
If however I change the name element then the import routine treats this as a new record and creates a duplicate entry.
I appreciate that by virtue of a different name that this is not strictly a duplicate but as I am creating the .csv content from within my application then from my viewpoint it is.

I noticed that in the export file an Export Row ID is included and this seems to overcome the problem.
I tried assigning a value to this on the original import but subsequent imports disregard it.

My question, if you have not already guessed it, is there a way to allow for the updating of the Customer and Supplier records when it is the 'Name' element that has been changed?

Posted by Derek Theobald on Apr 16, 2010 2:54 PM BST

Hi Derek,

Yes I see the problem. The 'Export Row ID' is created by Solar Accounts so that you can export from Solar Accounts, change the name, then import back. Unfortunately it is not designed to allow this ID to be generated outside Solar Accounts. I'll note this as a feature request in our system.

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Apr 16, 2010 4:01 PM BST