Forum Message

Cancel recurring payment

How do you cancel a recurring payment once it is set up?

Posted by Patricia Halliday on May 19, 2010 4:23 PM BST

Hi Patricia,

Click on the 'Repeat' button in the bottom-left corner of the payment window, then remove the tick next to 'This is a repeating payment. Also, note that you can filter the Transactions list to show all repeating payments.

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on May 20, 2010 8:30 AM BST

Hi ,

Okay I have a recurring payment, but I click to stop it repeating, however it removes all the previous entries. How do a I finish the recurring payment with out deleting the history. Also , how do I update the amount ? For instance my insurance premium has increased and I only want subsequent payments to reflect this increase ?

Posted by Ian Macfarlane on Apr 1, 2011 10:43 AM BST

Hi Ian,

To stop a repeating payment, click the 'Repeat' button and remove the tick next to 'This is a repeating payment'. This action will not delete any existing payments - it simply removes the 'this is a repeating payment' flag on those payments (and so they no longer appear in the list of repeating payment transactions).

The amount on new repeating payments is always the same as the most recent repeating payment. You will need to let Solar Accounts record the new payment with the old amount then edit the transaction to set the new amount.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Apr 1, 2011 10:54 AM BST