Forum Message

idea - pin dialogs

Am currently entering hundreds of items (moving from accountz + shoebox!) and at back of my mind wondering if can be made easier, without cluttering the excellent interface.

At current I'm having to do Ctrl-R to get the money received dialog, then enter most of the fields, even for the same client/supplier all the time (e.g. 4 years worth of tiny bank interest payments...) OK I don't need to do all this, but it feels nice to have a picture running all the way back to the start of the company. Wish I'd found solar accounts earlier! It blows accountz/sage/taz out of the water.

What's needed is a checkbox to "pin" or "hold" the dialog. So when OK is pressed, the dialog remains visible, with the transaction parts cleared, but the client/supplier field and date unchanged. There's probably a few other dialogs that could be pinned, allowing entry of multiple invoices etc that differ say by date and amount only.

Posted by Colin Bootle on May 25, 2010 10:51 PM BST

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your feedback. A few other users have requested a feature to 'pin' the payment window to prevent it from being closed (note that the Invoice window offers this feature already). I'll record your email to be notified in case we add it in future.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on May 26, 2010 5:43 PM BST