Forum Message

Adding details to the delivery note

Dear Solar,
We have just started with your package, and it feels great to use. Just a couple of questions regarding the Invoices and delivery notes.
How can we alter the format of the delivery note to show a signature line for goods received. ? We would also like to add a comment line on the delivery note reference returns - Can this be done ?

Also we need to add our registered office address to the bottom of the invoices can this be done?

Apart from the above, your package looks fantastic and will certainly be recommended to friends and accountants.

Regards

John Boutell

Posted by John Boutell on May 27, 2010 12:10 PM BST

Hi John,

I'm glad to hear you like our software!

In Solar Accounts the delivery note is just a copy of the invoice without the amounts, so you cannot add details which only appear on the delivery note. One option is to export the delivery note to a spreadsheet, then add the signature field using Microsoft Excel (although I can see this would be time-consuming).

To add your registered office address, click the 'Free Text' button in the invoice window (next to the Comments field). The text will then appear at the bottom of the printed invoice next to the Subtotal field.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on May 27, 2010 1:26 PM BST

Hi Mark,

Regarding Delivery Note, I understand it's 'a copy of the invoice without the amounts'. Let's say I raise an invoice with the following lines:

Qty Description Account VAT Unit Price Line Total
1 Goods ABC Sales Income 17.50% £100.00 £100.00
1 Delivery Charge Sales Income 17.50% £10.00 £10.00

When I print out the Delivery Note, I got:

1 Goods ABC
1 Delivery Charge

Obliviously, the customer only receive the Goods ABC x 1 but not the 'Delivery Charge', so how can I get ride of the line of ' Delivery Charge' in delivery note?

Thanks

Posted by Kevin on Jun 16, 2010 3:53 PM BST

Hi Kevin,

Yes I see the problem. Unfortuantely you cannot remove the delivery charge line automatically. Two options are:
1) Export the delivery note to a spreadsheet and delete the line using Microsoft Excel
2) Right-click on the delivery charge line and select 'Delete Line'. Then print the delivery note, then click menu Edit > Undo.

I'll note this as an area that could be improved in future development.

Cheers,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jun 16, 2010 4:14 PM BST

Hi, sorry to bring up an old thread. I'm trying to use the delivery note, but in the "ship to" box only the customer name appears, without address, although the address details are shown when I generate an invoice instead of delivery note. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Posted by Suet-Yee So on Jul 29, 2011 12:22 PM BST

Sorry nevermind my question above, I've sorted it out. It was because I added the customer's address retrospectively (after I first made the invoice entry). I deleted that entry, redid it with the address details already entered and now the delivery note shows the address as well.

Posted by Suet-Yee So on Jul 29, 2011 12:25 PM BST