Forum Message

CSV File from HSBC Bank

Hi,
I'm trying to decide on an accounting package for my business, so far I like what I see with SA. I'd like to be able to regularly import all banking transactions from my HBSC Business Internet Banking service. I've looked at the CSV import help section but am a little confused. Do you have any example files or any specific information related to working with HSBC you can let me have

Posted by Tom Last on Aug 4, 2010 3:08 PM BST

Hi Tom,

Unfortunately Solar Accounts is not designed to import data from bank statement CSV files. You will need to alter your CSV file to look like lines 3 and 4 at the top of our help topic on importing data:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/help/how-to-import-data-from-csv-file.php
That is, you need to have Type column ('Money Paid Out' or 'Money Received') a name column, an ID column, etc...

Unless you have a very large number of transactions, you will probably find it simpler to manually enter the transactions in the Bank Reconciliation window:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/help/how-to-reconcile-a-bank-statement.php

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 4, 2010 5:44 PM BST

Having moved from MYOB, the one major downside of Solar is the inability to import banks statements for both reconciliation and importing transactions. On MYOB I could do my months accounts through import of transactions in around 30mins. Job Done. With Solar my months accounts now take around 4 hours.

Please enable the import of csv and ovf bank statements as a matter of priority, I'm sure other customers must find the same problem.

Posted by Anot Bot on Sep 14, 2011 10:55 AM BST

Hello Anot,

Thanks for your feedback - we'll note your preference for this feature and let you know if we implement it in future.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Sep 14, 2011 1:22 PM BST

I too am looking for bank reconcilliation from Lloyds TSB CSV export files.

Can you tell me if you have decided to add this service or not please?

I am looking for some software that can help me reconcile my rent receipts and mortgage payments each month, This is about 300 lines on each month on my Lloyds TSB Business account statements that are repeated. This usually takes me about 3-4 days a month to check and verify,

Kind regards

St

Posted by Stuart Williams on Feb 7, 2012 2:47 PM GMT

Hello Stuart,

Sorry no, we have not yet decided to add bank reconciliation from bank statement CSV files.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Feb 7, 2012 7:02 PM GMT