Forum Message

Cash Accounting

I have input various purchases but they do not show up in the correct VAT period. I have selected 'VAT is calculated - When payments are recieved' under 'Business Information' as I am on cash accounting.

eg. I have input 20 purchases made in August 09 (using Money Paid Out and allocated to my credit card) which were paid in September 09.

When I look at 'Reports-VAT Return Detail' they do not show up for the quarter ending Nov 09.

Purchases using Purchase Invoices are okay.

On another point. You recently introduced a delete option for the drop down menus, are you going to introduce a delete all. It's painful deleting them one by one.

Posted by Kp on Aug 14, 2010 12:01 PM BST

Hi KP,

The most likely explanation is that the purchases have been marked as being under the flat rate scheme. To change this, open the transaction window and click on the small 'Up' arrow next to the VAT Treatment field. If there is a box labelled 'Flat Rate Scheme applies to this transaction', remove the tick and press OK. Otherwise, please close Solar Accounts and email me your data file and I will look into the problem.

I've noted your suggestion about having multiple-delete feature for the description drop-list, but we cannot make promises about future development.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 14, 2010 4:44 PM BST

Kp,

Under cash accounting when you made your purchases in August 09 on your credit card they would have been allocated as paid in the June, July, August VAT period. NOT in the Sept, Oct, Nov period when you paid of your credit card,

Hope that helps.

Peter

Posted by Peter Smith on Aug 17, 2010 4:12 PM BST