Forum Message

Set of Accounts - defined

Hi there, I have had a child minding business for some years but never needed accounts. I am now trying to get a loan and we need to illustrate both my and my partners incomes. Mine involves them asking for a "set of accounts" I have gone back to 2009 and using your extremely useful import CSV function, recorded sales of services and income for all those invioces and It balances!!! How much more do you think I need as I want to sort out my personal stuff - then use Solar to its full capabilities and then use it on an ongoing business ad infinitum. In other words, do I do Trial Balances, Bank recs (hisorically obviously), a balance sheet etc etc. Thanks.

Posted by Mark Duggan on Nov 17, 2010 2:37 PM GMT

Hi Mark,

Since you are using the financial information in Solar Accounts as the basis for a loan, I recommend you try to make it as accurate as possible - that means doing the bank reconciliation and setting up the account balances so you can produce a Balance Sheet (as well as Profit and Loss). You may also find it useful to get an accountant to look for any problems with the accounts.

regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Nov 18, 2010 9:41 AM GMT