Forum Message

Quotes to invoice

Hi,

I am still on the trial and everything is going well up until tring to create invoives for my customers. Over the past months i have created many quotes for a particular custom. Now i want to invoice thes quotes has customer went ahead with all the quotes, i can't see any way of select all the quotes to turn them in to one invoice

Posted by Dean Haynes on Dec 21, 2010 2:06 PM GMT

Hi Dean,

Go to the Invoices list, right-click on the Quote and select 'Copy to Invoice'.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Dec 21, 2010 3:16 PM GMT

Yes it does kind of work, but the Quote no. should then be carried over to the Invoice no. for some reason ours went back an invoice no ? Also VAT settings like outside EU transaction etc, are not carried over too. Aslo the quotation is not removed from the invoicing list when "converted" to invoice.

Also slightly of topic can the system auto index invoice no's without INV at the start of the numbering system.

Posted by Paul Gunning on Oct 4, 2011 10:49 AM BST

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your feedback. Not all quotes are converted to invoices, so the invoice number series is different to the quote series to keep the numbers contiguous and unique. The quote is not deleted because the invoice may not be an exact copy and you may want to refer to the original quote - if you don't want the quote anymore you will need to manually delete it. I agree that the VAT Treatment field should be copied to the invoice - I'll record this as a bug in our development system and we will aim to fix it in future.

To remove the 'INV' from the front of the invoice number sequence click menu Setup > Generated IDs, then remove INV from the Format column. See this page for details:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/help/how-to-change-default-number-sequence.php

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Oct 4, 2011 12:28 PM BST