Forum Message

Reports - suggestions

It's been a long hard slog, but I've just about finished transferring all my data for the last 8 years from Quickbooks and MS Accunting to Solar accounts. Now I need to start analysing all the data...

I use the Profit and Loss - Multiple Periods report a lot. Is it possible (future version?) to not have the accounts column scroll off to the left when looking at the right hand columns? Difficult to know what the data is I'm looking at in those columns without the account names on display.

Also with the Profit and Loss report (and possibly with other) is it possible to save different configurations of the report? Sometimes I want to compare year on year figures (ie Jan-Dec 03, Jan-Dec 04, ..... Jan-Dec 11); Other times I'm wanting to see a particular years data month by month (eg Jan 11, Feb 11, ... Dec 11). Other times I want to look compare this years quarters with last years eg Jan-Mar 10, Jan-Mar 11, Apr-Jun 10, Apr-Jun 11 etc. It is a pain to have to reconfigure the preriods. It would be great if a future version would permit us to save custom configurations for reports.

Finally is there any way to get a report to see which customers have spent the most with me over a given period? I want try to target some marketing towards them.

Posted by Ian M Butterfield on Jan 25, 2011 2:51 PM GMT

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your feedback - those are all good suggestions. I'll record them as 'feature requests' in our development system.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jan 25, 2011 5:49 PM GMT

If Solar Accounts can't do your analysis yet, you could export the relevant part of the data file as in csv format and analyse it in Excel.

Posted by Peter Jennings on Feb 8, 2011 12:36 AM GMT