Forum Message

Tax return

I have justreceived my final accounts from my accountant having given him our first year using Solar Accounts. The Tax and NI liability on the accounts page of Solar showd a figure of -£134 but my accountants have informed me that I need to pay the Inland Revenue over £800 this July and £over £2,000 in January.

Am I being naive and reading Solar incorrectly?

Posted by Brian Sage on Jul 23, 2011 10:03 PM BST

Hi Brian,

It sounds like there may be an error in your accounts somewhere - you will need to ask your accountant to check your figures. Go to the Account Activity list and set the account name to 'Income Tax and NI Liability'. Then export the list to a spreadsheet and send it to your accountant so they can check it against their figures.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jul 24, 2011 9:43 AM BST

I have just checked our Income Tax and NI Liability and it seems we would have a similar problem.

How should this be addressed when inputting data?

Posted by Sheila on Jul 27, 2011 9:34 AM BST

Hi Sheila,

Here's our help topic on how to enter details of PAYE and NI contributions into Solar Accounts:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/help/how-to-record-paye-and-ni-contributions.php

Beyond that I'm afraid I cannot offer advice on how to reduce the chance of errors in your accounts - you will need to get your accountant to check that the transactions for this account are correct.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jul 27, 2011 11:57 AM BST