Forum Message

Second bank account

Hi I am still trialing your accounts package. Very straightforward so far, but, We have two bank accounts for the business one I use as a holding account for eccess money until needed and the other the chequing account. How do I show transfers betwween accounts. I.E. if I need to pay say a vat bill I will transfer the money from the holding account to the Chequing account. but I do not want to show it as additional income received . My only other gripe is that I along with a lot of small businesses enter my accounts perhaps once every three months when I complete the vat return. There appears to be no way of entering many invoices or receipts one after the other without starting from scratch or looking at a customer and having a list of payments made to date.

Thanks

Tessa

Posted by Tessa Easton on Aug 2, 2010 12:07 PM BST

Hi Tessa,

To create the second bank account, click menu File > New > Accounts. Ensure the type is 'Asset' and set the name to 'Holding Account'. You can then record a transfer between bank accounts by creating a General Transaction as described here:
http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/help/how-to-record-a-bank-transfer.php

When entering invoices, you can click the small icon at the bottom-left of the window to keep it open after the invoice is saved. Unfortunately there is no equivalent for other transaction windows - I'll record your email address to be notified in case we add this feature to other windows in future.

To view all transactions for a customer, right-click on a row in the Customers list and select 'Show Related Transactions'. The filter at the top allows you to show only payments received.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Aug 2, 2010 3:52 PM BST