Forum Message

Apps Store and Future Updates

I have purchased the Mac version to replace MYOB and am really pleased with the software....... 2 things though:-

1. Because I purchased it direct rather than through the Apple Apps Store I can't tell anyone else how good it is or make a recommendation on the store - It took me a while to find a replacement for my accounts software and I am sure other mac users are looking for recommendations now that MYOB and others are getting more complicated and requiring on-going support contracts! Is there anyway we can add comments on the store?

2. I can't find anywhere within the software where it can "check for updates". I usually prefer to have the latest versions of software running, and in most of the mac software I have there is a preference to set it to update automatically or at least check for latest versions. How is this done (if at all) in Solar Accounts?

Thanks for coming to the rescue of all the mac users - this seems to be a great product and is working out really well for me!

Posted by Nigel Johnson on Jan 21, 2011 11:00 AM GMT

Hi Nigel,

I'm glad to hear you like our software! To answer your questions:

1. Sorry no, if you buy direct from us you cannot post a review on the Apple Mac Store. This is out of our hands I'm afraid.

2. Solar Accounts doesn't have an automatic update mechanism. You can see if a new version is available here:
    http://www.solaraccounts.co.uk/new_features.php
    To upgrade, follow the link on that page.

Regards,

Posted by Mark McLaren (Solar Accounts) on Jan 21, 2011 12:28 PM GMT